Monday, April 16, 2012

Blog for Victory!


The things than can be achieved by getting a group of like minded people to work together is really astounding.  Since becoming involved in our Chamber I have been repeatedly amazed by what such an organization, and more particularly, the people within it, can do.  Now, I don’t want to get all gushy on you, but I have just had an incredible example of this and I felt that I had to share it with you.

Since the start of 2012, one of the things we have been really trying to drive in the Chamber is the idea of “Your Chamber”:  you the members enable us to do what we do.  But it is not members in the plural, it is you; the individual reading this.

We’ve had a great response to this initiative and a lot of projects are working away in the background as a result.  Thanks to everyone who has gotten involved.

Last Thursday we re-launched our networking events and it was a great success.  After sending out an e-mail on the launch it struck me as ideal fodder for a blog post.  Well it was Saturday morning, the sun was shining and my technical know-how only goes so far.  So I stuck the post up on our own blog at work and set up a separate category for the Chamber.  This wasn’t an ideal arrangement, but it got the thing done.

Imagine my surprise when a few hours later I saw an e-mail on my phone in response to my mail on the blogging idea from a member who joined at our networking event last Thursday.

Steven Kelly is someone who I have gotten to know in recent months in the process of his move to this part of the world.  He is an extremely accomplished international businessman.  

It would appear that he also knows a thing or two about blogging…

I had never thought to mention to Steven about our Chamber and I was delighted to see that he had come along to the networking event having seen details of the event in the newspaper.

Anyway, after having received my e-mail on blogging, Steven thought it might be a good idea to have a dedicated Chamber blog which he has put here: http://clonakiltychamber.blogspot.com/

Blogging is a great way to let members know what’s going on in the Chamber and indeed to let other members know about what’s going on in your business.  Please get involved in the blog; follow and comment on posts that you find interesting, contribute blog posts on your Chamber activities.  The blog will be centrally administered and Steven volunteered to do this for now.  If you wish to post to the blog on any Chamber activities, please send your post to chamber@clonakilty.ie and Mick will forward it from there.

We currently have a group working on the website and this is not a substitute for that.  That site may incorporate a blog in due course and this temporary arrangement can be incorporated into that or replaced by that as the web site group feel is best in due course.  Meanwhile, this gets the Chamber blogging..

-- Flor McCarthy 

No comments:

Post a Comment